California’s Energy Independence Keeps Jobs & Revenue in Our State

California’s Energy Independence Keeps Jobs & Revenue in Our State

July 02, 2014

With Independence Day approaching, Californians for a Safe, Secure Energy Future today issued a statement regarding the benefits of California achieving energy independence:

“As Californians travel by car this holiday weekend for vacations and celebrations, it’s also a reminder of how energy independence keeps jobs and revenue in California.  All the oil produced in California is used in our state. Banning domestic production hurts consumers by reducing energy reliability and could lead to price spikes at the pump,” said Sabrina Lockhart, Communications Director for Californians for a Safe, Secure Energy Future.

Under Senate Bill 4, California has the most transparent and stringent protections to allow the state to develop energy supplies while still protecting the environment.

California uses all of the oil and gas we produce, which is currently 37% of what we consume. The other 63% is imported from foreign countries and other states that do not have the same strong environmental protections as California does.

BACK TO NEWS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Youtube Channel

Join our Coalition

Californians for Energy Independence is a coalition that supports state and local policies that allow for continued domestic energy production and opposes those policies – such as oil taxes and energy bans—that would hinder production and increase reliance on foreign oil.

SPREAD THE WORD

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Youtube Channel